Saturday, December 4, 2010

i guess i'll share...

there is a memory of childhood that i would like to share with you all.  it's actually a blend of memories, but all related, i assure you.
i grew up in the holly hobbie world of the 70's.  


i had the holly hobbie bedroom of all bedrooms, complete with the fancy mirrored dresser, the tiny fancy nightstand, and the most beautiful canopy bed adorned with holly hobbie bedding.
i love holly hobbie.
i am not really quite sure when i acquired THE sheets, but i'm positive it was around the holly hobbie craze.  these sheets were the most luxurious sheets a child could ever hope to sleep in.  and pretty, very pretty.
aren't they pretty?

my sisters and i fought for these sheets...seeing them on either one of their beds would make my blood boil.  as far as i was concerned, i was the oldest...therefore, i had first dibs.
they were mine.
now that we're older, and wiser (we should hope), and far more generous than when we shared a room, i thought i would give each of them their share of the sheets (yes, i did steal store them in my linen closet all these years.).
think they'll mind?


oh, there's a master plan, fear not.  more to come as the holiday grows near.


3 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    You forgot to include your email in your entry. You won the 10% off code. Let me know your email and I will send you your exclusive code. Congrats!

    - Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had kept my Holly Hobbie dress that I wore as a kid. I loved it! Can't wait to see what you made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had THE dress??!!! I'm so jealous...

    ReplyDelete